Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The best cake ever!!!...accidentally..

So, I made a cake!! Let that sink in for a minute....okay?

Good..so I made a cake, a nice, coffee and chocolate flavored cake..
granted, when I started making the cake I did not have the outcome in mind, you see, I was trying to make a red velvet cake but somehow, along the way, I messed a few things up...and well..let's just say I ended up with a brown cake! lol


Here is what I used

2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon pure distilled vinegar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 cup coffee
1 cup of buttermilk (maziwa lala)
A couple of drops of red food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla essence


here is what I ended up with

I know....not a red velvet cake..I must have put in too much cocoa, but the result was still impressive..I mean, this cake is insanely moist...and that coffee and cocoa combination is so awesome!! so you know..if you want a birthday cake or something like that, holla at your girl, and please be open to any outcome provided its cooked and tastes good.

after all, we are about taste here and not looks, am I right?
 So, go easy with the cocoa and do not brew your coffee too strong as it will ruin the color.

pretty much, sift the dry ingredients separately and everything else in a separate bowl then mix the dry ingredients in in batches.

preheat your oven to 200 (celsius) or 375 farenheit and bake for 30-40 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, you are good to go.
see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment